Monthly Speaker Series!
Our next presenter is TBD so check back here for updates or subscribe to our newsletter for monthly updates!!
2023 PLANNED EVENTS
Calgary Fish and Game Association (CFGA) Planned Activities – 2023
updated June 2023
Families are welcome at all the events! 😊 Contact: email@example.com for more details.
Want to help? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out about joining the “Lead” person/organizer; we’d love to get some younger, new people involved!
Below is a list of possible activities for 2023; please check this page regularly as it will be continually updated as more events are planned/confirmed.
“Many hands makes light work”
January – March:
- “Guest Speaker” Events: monthly or bi-monthly Guest Presenter: at Members Meetings* – in person or online through Zoom)
- *Some Members Meetings may simply be Zoom meetings to discuss or brainstorm ideas & plans.
- Possible topics: Range development, rejuvenating a Women’s/Ladies’ League, brainstorm Conservation Stewardship & Youth opportunities.
- Horn Scoring: at AHEIA’s wildlife museum/centre in town; great viewing for kids –
- Calgary Boat & Outdoor Show (FW) – February 10-12: – visit our booth (archery on-site) and the Kids’ Trout fishing Pond.
- Last Ice Fishing Day! 10am to 4pm, March 11th @ Twin Valley Reservoir: we’ve received one last blast of winter. Let’s take it back by having a last blowout on the lake!
- Shed Hunting Fun Competition: March 1 to December 31 – Wander the woods and bring home some antlers to be “scored” and win some prizes – Kids and open competitions. The competition is cash entry and the winners will take 50% of the total pot as the award. The scoring of the sheds will be done at the annual horn scoring event held in January.
- Wild Game Dinner – April 29, Triwood Community Center: welcome cocktail party & appetizers, amazing wild game dishes, refreshments, auctions, raffles and awards presentations. This event SOLD OUT! Thanks to everyone who purchased tickets for this event!
- Pheasant Pens: work bees & BBQ, spring get-together; come meet other members and join this ‘legacy’ conservation programme.
- Alford Lake Family Camp & Jamboree – June 9-11: a great weekend of family fun! Camping (tents or trailers) or cabins, archery, shooting (.22, centerfire & shotgun), fishing, campfires, BBQ
- CFGA Presents “An Evening with the Grizzly Dude” – June 15: Join us to hear the incredible survival story of Jeremy Evans and lessons learned from a grizzly bear attack. Click here to register for this event!
- “Meet the Pheasants”: meet other families in town at the Pheasant Pens, BBQ, campfire & stories.
- Rosebud “Sight-in Shoot” Day – August 12th: ‘Turkey Shoots’ – targets & silhouettes, hunting rifle & .22 at the world class ‘Rosebud Silhouette & Benchrest Club’ west of Calgary. Click here to register!
- Bird Hunting Tune-up: (AHEIA Dewinton range: fun Trapshoot & Skeetshoot (needs confirmation.)
- McKinnon Flats Cleanup and Barbeque: date TBD: CFGA has developed a McKinnon Flats Stewardship Partnership agreement with Alberta Environment and Parks (‘AEP’) to assist with site improvements and general maintenance of this historic recreational property on the Bow River. The event will consist of a clean-up of the property, some maintenance followed by a BBQ, archery booth and a presentation on the history of the property.
- Kids Pheasant Release Day – 1:30 pm, October 7, 2023: Come for an exciting day of releasing pheasants on a couple sites as we educate kids of all ages on how to release properly and why these conservation efforts are needed. Click on this pin – when you right click, there should be an option for “Go to https:// etc…” Do this and it will take you to the website and then you can get directions from there.
- McKinnon Flats Fall Cleanup and Barbeque: date TBD
- Dog Training clinic: TBD.
- Hunting Techniques & Safety Clinic: – rifle, bow, shotgun tips & techniques and safety.
- Annual General Meeting: early December, date TBD