updated May 2022
Want to help? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out about joining the “Lead” person/organizer; we’d love to get some younger, new people involved:
Below is a list of possible activities for 2022; some are “firm” (IN BOLD)- some are simply ideas. Please feel free to make suggestions of other ideas– especially those in which you would enjoy enough to become a Leader or part of the team. Contact: Laurie: email@example.com or Perry (Secretary) at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Preamble: “FW” means ‘Families Welcome’. We need some folks to step up with ideas or to help organize & run some of these events. The unbolded events are only ideas – and need leaders and helpers. “Many hands makes light work”.
July – August (summer):
- “Meet the Pheasants” (FW) Lead Bruce & Perry: meet other families in town at the Pheasant Pens, BBQ, campfire & stories. Pheasants arrived July 13th! Check back for more information!
- McKinnon Flats Spring Activity, Cleanup and Barbeque (FW): Lead: Dave. CFGA is working with AEP on joint stewardship projects to assist with site improvements and general maintenance of this historic recreational property on the Bow River. A new road has been completed, an expanded parking lot and park tables and benches installation are nearly completed. The summer event is scheduled for July 24th, 10am-3pm in the overflow parking lot will consist of activities, a clean-up of the property, followed by a BBQ and a presentation on the history of the property. Alberta Environment and Parks, our partner in the McKinnon Flats stewardship partnership, will also be in attendance. Bring the whole family as there will be fun for the kids with our inflatable archery booth and more!
- 2nd Annual Family Outdoor Adventure Jamboree/Camp, August 12-14 – Alford Lake. Leads: Tyler F, Mike R, Perry, Mike D: weekend of archery, fishing, paddling, shooting (.22, rifle & shotgun), scavenger hunt, BBQ, campfires (hunting/wildlife/camping stories). Registration for this event is now open! Click here to book your spot(s), to read details on the event and register!
September – October:
- Rosebud Range Shooting & Sight-In Day, September 18th’ – Lead: Perry: – targets & silhouettes, hunting rifle & .22. Prizes for ‘turkey shoots’ (short, fun competitions). Stay tuned for registration information…..coming soon!
- Pheasant Collection & Release Day (October): Lead: Bruce: join us to round up the pheasants, crate them up to be released into the wild. Release day will be Oct 8th or 15th! Watch for confirmed date and details!
November – December:
- Annual General Meeting: Nov. 15 Dec. 15 time period; generally early December, date TBD.
Want to help? Contact email@example.com to find out about joining the “Lead” person/organizer; we’d love to get some younger, new people involved!